| December 09, 2005 |
| VIVA LAS VEGAS |
Wow, time does fly! Suddenly, it's been three months since I got here.
They say that Las Vegas is the modern Sodom and Gomorrah with a lame motto "whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". They say it's a horrible city to raise a family, where every twenty feet all you see is billboards with partial nudity advertisements. I suppose that's true, considering there are 4 families in my hall planning to move out from Vegas this year. Which is why this question pops out : Why am I moving here?
Believe me, if I can choose any city, Las Vegas would be the last to choose. I hate summers in Vegas, it's like five times worse than Jakarta. The dryness, the heat, eechh.. The thing is, my dear sister lives here, and I wouldn't possibly wanna live far from my own family in the states. We have a cozy home, a so-so car, and a cute fat dog named Endo. So to move here, everything is easier, less complicated, and low on cost. Besides, if I keep my association close and tight to the congregation, I'll do fine. It all comes back to ourselves, are we going to let this evil city lured us into wrong-doing?
Anyways, although Vegas is all that, there are things I like about Vegas. The people in the congregation, for example, are warm and kind. Well I know it's always like that everywhere, but in a sinful materialism-minded city like this, they earn a two-thumbs up don't you think? I remember when I first got here, I was auxiliary pioneering that month and still needed 14 more hours before the month ended in 7 days. The regular pioneers right away made arrangements for me everyday to go out service. They picked me up, drop me off, even take me to lunch sometimes.. And even though I didn't know them well at that time, we were all having fun and enjoying the good association.
Honestly, I don't know what living in Las Vegas going to make me. Will I completely fit in? Will I be Americanized? Will I lose my Indonesian character? Will I hate to come home? Well, let's wait for two years and see.
The conclusion, brothers and sisters, I will survive. I have to. Bring it on, Vegas!
--October 23, 2005 at 05:24 PM--
|
| performed by edria @ 4:38 PM |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
ga mudah yah E3? Mmmm....jadi Vegas ga hanya masalah Judi tapi juga amoralitas?! aku baru tahu itu...memang bukan tempat yang baik untuk berkeluarga,tapi Aku setuju Brother and Sister disana kudu diancungi jempol, malah 4 jempol skaligus..hehehe...take care deh Sister, you can do it!
masih ingat MP kemarin minggu?pengingat yang tepat waktu yah, also personally to me. btw kita baca lagi paragraph 19-20 Mp kemarin minggu, bagus banget!
-
Edria, Hey Vegas girl... Ya Vegas is definatly not somewhere I'd like to live, but Franks parents live there. We are going there probably at the end of Feb. will you be there? Maybe we can go out for a night and can go to your hall. Also, are you coming here sometime soon with your mom? Fun... Jenn
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| |
| .:: the musician |
|
edria
|
| .:: the life |
|
| .:: the memories |
|
| .:: the shouts |
|
| .:: the friends |
|
|
|
ga mudah yah E3? Mmmm....jadi Vegas ga hanya masalah Judi tapi juga amoralitas?! aku baru tahu itu...memang bukan tempat yang baik untuk berkeluarga,tapi Aku setuju Brother and Sister disana kudu diancungi jempol, malah 4 jempol skaligus..hehehe...take care deh Sister, you can do it!
masih ingat MP kemarin minggu?pengingat yang tepat waktu yah, also personally to me. btw kita baca lagi paragraph 19-20 Mp kemarin minggu, bagus banget!