kLePoNKuNinG
journal of a musician
December 09, 2005
My First Sake!
Tonight I just had a Sake Tasting Seminar by Gekkeikan at Lee's Liquor Store, and it was actually the first time I tasted Sake. I think it's a delightful drink!
My first Sake experience tonight was wonderful. It's free, very informative, and the best thing is.. they served us sushi! Lots of them! I love sushi.. and I think I'm starting to love Sake too ^_^

The person who gave the 27 minutes lecture about Sake was a Japanese guy, he is the brand manager, and so he travels all around United States introducing this brand to America. I think his name is Satori (can't really remember with all that drinking haha). He knows a whole lot about Sake for sure. He explained about the process of making Sake, the taste, and the story behind each Sake. They gave us this really fancy folder with stuff inside it, such as Sake ads, articles and notes about Sake, and also Sake cocktail recipes .. This whole thing is just very impressive!

There were seven different kinds of Sake served, all are Gekkeikan brand of course : traditional regular Sake, Draft, Haiku, Horin, Zipang, Nigori, and Kobai Plum. My favorites are Zipang and Kobai Plum.
Zipang is a new product they're introducing, it's a sparkling Sake. Naturally fermented, Zipang is light and sweet with a burst of bubbles -- unique and delicious. It has 7% of alcohol, which is perfect for me since I'm not much of a drinker. The common alcohol in sake is 14-16%, and that's hard for me to swallow, it will literally take forever for me to drink it.
The Kobai Plum is a lightly sweet sensation, I love the taste and the smell. I like Kobai Plum even more then Zipang actually. Notice what it says in the ad :

Gekkeikan Kobai Plum is a profusion of flavor as enticing as the fragrant plum. Wedded with California white wine, the essence of the most delectable plums creates a lightly sweet sensation. Perfect as an aperitif or dessert wine. Kobai Plum is best served chilled.

The moment I tasted it, I knew that my sister will absolutely love it. She's pretty much like me, not so crazy about alcohol but loves those sweet light drinks. So after the tasting, I ended up buying a bottle of Kobai Plum, and check this out, a bottle of that delightful tasty Kobai Plum costs only $6.48! Plus 10% discount for those attending the tasting.. Wow!! The night just gets better and better haha..

Well, I really enjoy that Sake Tasting Seminar! And those seven cups of Sake surely guarantee one thing : I am so gonna get a good night sleep tonight!

:)
Good Night!

--November 30, 2005 at 12:38 AM--

performed by edria @ 5:27 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
.:: the musician

edria


.:: the life
.:: the memories
.:: the shouts

.:: the friends