kLePoNKuNinG
journal of a musician
January 13, 2006
Good Things. Bad Things.

A lot of things has happened since the last time I wrote. Fortunately, all those things have made these nine-supposedly-miserable days goes faster than I thought. Unfortunately, not all of those things are good news, some are really really bad news.

Where should I start? Hm..

Well it was the CO's visit, so that kept me pretty busy for a whole week. I went out service everyday, started with early morning service at 7 am most of the days. The service meetings are held twice everyday, very informative and such a great source of encouragement! I wish they make the same arrangements back home. They should!
Oh, let me tell you something funny.. The CO didn't know me, of course, since I'm relatively new in the congregation. But he know that I'm related to my sister, so he know that I am Indonesian. I told him my last name when I introduced myself, but I guess it was too hard for him. So for the whole week he called me "sister Indonesia" hahaha! I think it's kind of cute. The others started to call me "sister Indonesia" too, if only I can call them all "brother America" or "sister America" huh? haha! Eventually at the end of the week he was able to call me by my last name. Even though he mispronounce it, I really appreciate it 'cause he said he's been practicing it all night haha.. What an excellent example on showing a sincere personal interest!

On the weekend, I had really bad cramps. It's one of those pain on your lower stomach when you're having your period. I don't know if it's just me not being used to it, but I'm telling you, it's really painful!! Literally, I was like screaming in pain. Well, that's one of the bad news happened to me. But despite all the pain that day, I manage to went out early morning service and attend the memorial for a sister in our hall who died of a cancer. It was a sad morning..

Another thing happened is even more awfully horribly extremely sad. My uncle died on January 9th, 2006, around 2 am West Indonesian Time. He was my mom's older brother, a great uncle and a good man. I was really sad, and I bet so did mom.. To imagine losing one of your sibling when you're thousands miles away in the other side of the world in Mexico! Must be really depressing..

Monday and Tuesday, 9th and 10th of January, I had school orientation at CCSN. It was fun and very exciting! I met new friends, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian and so on. Those two days really makes me even more excited to start school, I can't wait! But then.. all those excitement turns into a deep frustration. Why? Because *HELLOW* I still don't have my student status yet and that means I can't registered for any classes yet! How depressing is that?! School will officially start in a week and I still haven't heard a thing from the immigration?! Even though my status comes out next week (hopefully!) that still means that I'll be late for class registration, meaning that all the classes will be full by that time, meaning it's not going to be easy to get 12 credits classes, meaning there's a possibility that my I-20 will be canceled, meaning my student status can also be canceled, meaning..? Yes, I'll be deported. Kicked out from this country. NOOOO!!
Oh and you know what, I went to the immigration today (much thanks to Naomi and Jack for taking me all the way there), hoping I can get an answer on my status. Well guess what, they didn't let me in 'cause apparently I need to make an appointment first on the internet! What?! All that gas and driving for nothing?! I was mad and depressed and sad and frustrated, all together. C'mon, school starts next week!!
Oh. Wait. There's more.
As soon as I got home, I went straight online and made an appointment. And what's the soonest appointment date I got? Next week!! N-E-X-T--W-E-E-K.

Excuse me for being paranoid, but I have all the reasons to be paranoid.
I am completely paranoid.
Really.

Well, At least there's one good thing going to happen today. My mom and sister is coming back this afternoon. My brother in law and I are picking them up at the airport pretty soon.

*sigh*

I hope things will work out..
Let's just see what happens next.

-----

-- in loving memory --

performed by edria @ 6:20 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
.:: the musician

edria


.:: the life
.:: the memories
.:: the shouts

.:: the friends