kLePoNKuNinG
journal of a musician
November 12, 2006
Give me a break, will ya..
I've been telling some friends in Indonesia lately about my plans coming home for good soon, and guess what's the first thing they said to me?
If you're an Indonesian, you would know..
"Jangan lupa oleh-olehnya ya Dri.."
Basically they always say that they want me to bring something for them. How typical.
I guess it's just a custom to say that. Everybody always says it every time someone is going away for vacation or some kind of a trip. But wouldn't it be nicer if instead of asking them to bring you something (which can be a burden to them, specially financially), you say something like "I hope you'll have a good time" or "I hope you'll get back safely" or even "I'll miss you, come home soon.."
And when someone just got back from a trip, instead of asking them "mana oleh-olehnya?" (did you bring something for me?) you can say something like "I'm glad to see you again" or "It's good to know you made it home safely".
Imagine the awkwardness and all the excuses people have to make to explain to you why they didn't bring you anything from their trip.. Do you really want to put people in that position?
And think about this. If that person really cares for you and really have the intention to give you something, you wouldn't have to ask. I probably will bring little gifts for my close friends and family because I love them, and I care about them, and I think their special, and they deserve a little gift from me. So if anyone doesn't get anything from me.. get a clue! Hahaha!
Just kidding. But seriously, here's the thing. I am MOVING back to Jakarta. I got a lot of stuff to carry home, and I can only bring two suitcases with limited size and weight. So please, guys, give me a break okay..
performed by edria @ 1:03 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At November 15, 2006 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nah itu betul banget Dri, kalo kita mo pergi kudu di besarkan ati kalo pulang dikasih selamat datang gitu loh . . .bukannya di todong, mending cuman seorang, kalo sekelurahan giman?Nah kalo edria pulang amrik kita sambut ya teman-teman . . . .


    ps:pssttt . ..ehem . .dri, btw oleh-2nya ya jangan lupa, tapi jangan bilang-bilang lainnya, diem-diem aja, hehehehehehehe . . .:-D

     
  • At November 15, 2006 1:11 PM, Blogger edria said…

    ro dodoooolll...

     
  • At November 15, 2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i wonder kenapa edria selalu ngomong dodol ya?! (ro merenung) apa mungkin dia tu juragan dodol ato malah lagi ngidam dodol karena di amrik ga ada dodol makanya gitu? (ro sedang berpikir dan merasa kasian) *Gubrak!!*

     
  • At November 15, 2006 8:18 PM, Blogger New Girl said…

    this i can relate to...

    like seriously...

    some people can be so annoying...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
.:: the musician

edria


.:: the life
.:: the memories
.:: the shouts

.:: the friends